• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Hello!

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I am also new to the CPC world (and to a Forums thing!). I started a MBC course through a local college in June. Long story, short-midway through the school fired our teacher as she was letting us out of class 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours earlier than we were supposed to be getting out, plus a whole more. So we now have a new teacher who is trying to bring us (only myself and one other student left in the class!) up to speed.
I plan to take the CPC exam on December 1. My question is am I being realistic thinking I have a chance at passing the exam? I do intend to purchase your blitz series, I spend a lot of time studying on my own but I've never had any medical experience. Any comments, advice, suggestions are welcome!

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
why is there a little mini picture of me next to the bigger one with my thread? (told ya I was new at this!)

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Theresa I think getting the blitz videos is an excellent idea. I have had students at the college take the exam and not pass but the ones who invest in the Blitz pass the first time. Now that is not going to guarantee you will pass the first time. I didn't. It is a hard exam but the AAPC is gracious enough and wise if you ask me to allow two attempts for the one fee.

Don't sell yourself short. You may be better prepared then you think. What you should do in my opinion is take a few mock exams. We have one and here is a link: Mock Exam

Soon we will have a mini-mock exam you can try. If you can take a mock exam and get a 80% then you are good to go. For the CPC you need to pass with a 70%. That means you can miss 40 I believe out of the 150.

Another tip is to check back with us often. We are here to help you. You might want to schedule a call with Larueen. She is an expert at determining if you are ready.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Thank you so much for such a quick response! I do intend to purchase the mock exam as well. I had noticed that offer several weeks while surfing the net looking for additional exam info and already had it bookmarked! Sensory overload here big time so I thought I'd wait to finish up school (two weeks left) before I purchase your packages. I'm just becoming very anxiety-ridden about the exam knowing how many folks do not pass it. I wouldn't even be concerned about passing had it been earlier in the year, but with the new year about to start, I feel I'll be in quite a bind (financially, too) having to start with all new books, changes in codes, guidelines, etc. in 2013.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Take a deep breath and do your best to relax. I know what it is like to feel the pressure. I have been there. Knowing that it is normal helps. Talking it also helps I think. Again, just another reason to come visit the forum. Tools you use to get through that anxiety may help someone else.

Carmen

Carmen Butler, CPC
Hi Theresa,
Sorry that the original message its gone. I am new in the Forum, think I must have done something wrong.
But, wel
come to the Forum. This is an interesting career and I want to offer my help if you ever need it.

Sincerely,

Carmen

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Welcome Theresa and Carmen! I'm new to this site as well. It's exciting to see I'm not the only newbie!

Sylvia Ann Wiegand

Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I think there is a little picture of you next to the thread meaning that you have a post in that thread, even if it's someone else who started the original post/thread. I think that's what that means.

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
To the new folks-don't feel bad- I'm a newbie, too, to computers and coding. I have had previous experience in the medical field, though, but am really excited about the coding world.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Welcome Sylvia and Kayal! What an exciting new adventure we have all started on, right?

Sylvia Ann Wiegand

Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thank you! Yes, very excited here!!